Thursday, October 20, 2011

Disappointment.

Dealing with disappointment is one of my hardest struggles. I find it so easy to praise God and thank Him for everything in my life when things are going great. However, who wouldn't? I feel like there are so many times when I delight in the Lord with all my "heart, soul, and mind" (supposedly), but only when things are going just as I planned. What's wrong with that sentence? The "I planned" part. God has a perfect plan.. one that I cannot see. God takes all of my failures and turns them into something wonderful just for me! However, when I'm in the moment, I find it so hard to see the big picture. I've been continually praying that God gives me the strength to praise Him in the tough times when I'm disappointed. A bad grade on a test, a broken car, a lost wallet. Things that may seem like the end of the world at the moment, but really, these things don't matter. I need to stop, and just give it ALL to the Lord!
Psalm 131 How long, O LORD? Will You forget me forever?How long will You
hide Your face from me?2 How long shall I take counsel in my soul,Having
sorrow in my heart daily? How long will my enemy be exalted over me? 3
Consider and hear me, O LORD my God;Enlighten my eyes, Lest I sleep the
sleep of death;4 Lest my enemy say,“I have prevailed against him”;
Lest those who trouble me rejoice when I am moved. 5 But I have trusted
in Your mercy;My heart shall rejoice in Your salvation.6 I will sing to
the LORD,Because He has dealt bountifully with me.
David writes this Psalm in desperation for God to come into his life. He does not feel the presense of God through the hard times he is going through. Yet, even in the tough times and struggles, he rejoices in God and praises His name for all that He is. I'm working on praising God at ALL times in my life, because He deserves nothing less! Praise the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment